LOYALTY – and My Pay-It-Forward Contributions
The 10% Army of Converts
While writing the Trilogy, I kept recalling Eric Castaneda’s story of paying-it-forward by sharing my book with ten of his friends so they too could benefit as he had, of how nine had quit on themselves when they Stepped Back and only one had faith in himself, Stepped Up, won an interview and a job.
I wrote this in the Overview:
“As a result of his persistence the tenth person saw himself differently and liked what he saw. He submitted his new custom credentials. Within a week he was interviewed and hired for a better job.”
And Eric’s observation and advice to me:
1. “Most people are lazy and prefer to complain rather than work to improve themselves”
2. “Focus on the motivated 10%, tell as many people as possible about the Trilogy and don’t worry about the other 90%.”
Hello! Welcome to Eric’s Motivated 10%!
The Motivated 10% are folks using the Professional Profile process and getting interviews and hired for meaningful work they want to do, not just some jobby-job they have to settle for because they can’t find anything better.
If you’re reading these words, I’m going to believe you’re part of the Motivated 10% and that you’re going to complete the Trilogy and reap the benefits.
I’m glad we’ve found each other, and as you help yourself move forward, I’m going to ask that you also help me pay-it-forward to others as Eric did for his friends.
Whether you’re at the top of your game and looking to go higher, working at a jobby-job and striving for something better, in lay-off mode and tired of it, a Baby Boomer wondering what happened and fearful about what’s next, a new college grad wondering if you’ll ever find work in your field, or a solopreneur looking for an edge to find new business – if you’re a Motivated 10%er, I want to connect with YOU.
In the Trilogy I told you it distresses me to see competency go to waste and that often I believe in people more than they believe in themselves.
That’s emotionally frustrating and physically draining for me.
For everyone’s benefit I want to do all I can to help Motivated 10%ers apply the Professional Profile system and win interviews, hoping that some Generic 90%ers will see the benefits others are reaping and come investigate.
I’m asking you to join what I’m calling my 10% Army of Converts – people who, in spite of the recession, have stepped away from the “Boilerplate herd,” demonstrated personal courage to try something new, embraced the Professional Profile system, and are getting interviews.
Like Eric, I’m hoping you’ll want to pay-it-forward to help others be successful.
Paying-It-Forward is important to me.
Three years ago I listened when the President asked us to pay-it-forward by sharing our gifts to help each other out of the recession.
I wrote and conducted a number of free workshops to teach others to create their own Professional Profiles, which led to Burn Your Résumé! You Need a Professional Profile and the Stop Sending Job Search Junk Mail Trilogy.
If my system has helped you get interviews for meaningful work you want to do, I’m asking that same pay-it-forward help from you.
It may sound corny, but I believe that as a nation, we’ll be better off when more people feel what Eric, his friend, and so many others felt when they completed their Professional Profiles, Stepped Up, began to get interviews and then hired:
Elation. Joy. Success. Pride. Self-confidence. Excitement. Enthusiasm. Optimism for the future. Determination. Personal Validation, and a sense of “Yes, I Can!”
If that resonates with you, whether you’ve completed the Trilogy, are winning interviews and have work or are reading the books and enthusiastically working on your Profiles with a new sense of hope, I’m asking for your help.
Please Click to join The 10% Army of Converts
Besides the Good Feeling of Paying-It-Forward, What’s in it for Me?
Several things, actually.
1. For those who like books “hot-off-the-press,” you’ll receive advance notification before I bring something new to Kindle.
I’m starting to think about:
* “Part B” and cover letters in the Professional Profile style
* Adapting your Accomplishments and Skills Data Banks to behavioral interviews
* Collecting and amplifying the bits of straight talk from the Trilogy
* Creating a Kindle book based on videos currently on YouTube and in my head.
And Deb is considering something on Winning the Inner Game.
2. Inviting your input for future books related to the Professional Profile system. And if your suggestion becomes a future Kindle book, I’ll for sure credit you in the Acknowledgements section
* And I’ll send you a free copy and tell your story on this site.
3. Web-access to me, your personal résumé strategist / job search coach, where I’ll do my best to answer your questions in as much detail as possible
4. Because you’re important to me and I want to build a friendship with you, I promise I’ll respond to each and every email you send me. It may not be same-day because I try to manage my time in blocks, but I promise you a personal reply
To start building that friendship right now, click here and STEP UP
5. I’ll do my best to keep my prices affordable; if I have to raise any of them, I’ll give at least two weeks’ notice to the 10% Army so you can make purchases as the lower price
6. Now-and-again free members-only webinars just for the 10% Army community to share information, resources and ideas
7. And if you prefer to communicate in Spanish, está bien porque en íngles ó español, me da igual. Y el hecho es que siempre me gusta practicar. ¿Quién sabe? Quizás algún día escribiré un libro Kindle en español. ¡Me suena a todo dar!
So. That’s it. Loyalty and the Paying-It-Forward contribution I want to make.
Imagine the exponential impact we could have if we exceeded my goal of 10,000 members in the 10% Army of Converts – all paying-it-forward to help job seekers learn to authentically stand out, win interviews and get their lives back on track.
Sounds good, and feels even better to me, and I hope to you as well.
Please Click to join The 10% Army of Converts
And as you have more and more success using the Professional Profile system to win interviews and ultimately do work that matters to you, I hope you’ll do two things:
1. Drop me a line at www.StopSendingJobSearchJunkMail.com/contact and tell me about it
2. Tweet well of the Trilogy and the Professional Profile system.
Finally, I should probably tell you that I’m a now-and-again blogger, posting only when I have something I really want to say. So I promise I’ll not fill up your email in-basket.
I’d be honored if you’d subscribe because it would mean that this book did its job. Here’s the link.
I really do believe in you and care about your success. And if you’ll “trust the process” all the way through to completion, I bet you’ll reap the benefits, and I’ll be cheering for you!
My Best Wishes to you!